Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Got a Tree in the Mail!

I grew up in a house with a big back yard. Right smack dab in the middle of that yard is a great big willow tree. That tree is the focal point of the yard, and the source of many fond memories of playing there with my three big brothers. We climbed the tree often, and for many years a tire swing hung from one of the branches. The willow withstood many storms, and survived losing branches both large and small. My oldest brother was married near that tree. And it became a "rite of passage" for our children to climb that tree. And climb, they did - in fact, sometimes, despite them all being teenagers and beyond now - they still do!

My parents still live in that house. But someday I know they will move. And what will I miss the most about the home where I grew up? The place I know as "home"? Yes, you guessed it, that wonderful old willow tree. So how could I resist w
hen I came across this willow tree from Intres on Etsy?



Made from felt, all the way from Spain - just a tangible little reminder of one of my favorite things. It came wrapped so sweetly, with a hand
-stitched and stuffed little green felt heart.



And look! Three cute teeny tiny little birds to nestle in the branches.



Now how adorable is that. Thanks, Intres!





10 comments:

Amy @ Chicy-Creations said...

Oh my goodness! How cute is that! I am off to check out that shop. Be back to check out the rest of your blog! Look forward to following it :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!!! Especially the little birds!

The Milkshake said...

We have a large flowering cherry blossom tree in our yard that every one climes, and each year when it flowers we take photos in it

Wow that tree is so beautiful!

JanetDavies said...

That is so sweet! How caayuute are those little birds?
When we moved and our oldest son was 5 years old, he was so sad to leave his beloved plum tree. He burst into tears and said, "That tree is really gonna miss me!"
We perfectly understand tree love. :0)

Caroline D. said...

awww, felt that is so pretty!

What I love even more is your awesome post! your writing is so fun and descriptive and the photos are beautiful! Welcome back to the blog world!

(i've missed you)

Intres said...

Janet, You are so sweet!! This willow couldn't be in a better home!!
Thanks so much to you!

Anonymous said...

I love your tree and love your story more! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

So adorable!

feltonthefly said...

Thanks everybody for your encouraging comments!

Very Verdant said...

That is one gorgeous find!!! Love the little birds and the hanging leaves!